Woodside Tennis Academy believes in providing every player the opportunity to play college tennis. We understand the training demands of a determined, committed athlete. We also understand that it’s necessary to achieve a balance between academics, competition and everyday life. This balance will only be achieved with the shared responsibility, effort and discipline between player, coach and parents.
Why Woodside Tennis Academy?
Woodside Tennis Academy offers year-round training with emphasis placed on specialized technical, tactical, situational and mental toughness through live and dead ball drilling. We encourage an open stream of communication between players, coaches and parents, and interaction with collegiate coaches. To ready players for intense competition, we tailor training to USTA National, Missouri Valley and Heart of America Tournaments. Woodside Tennis Academy is the longest running and most successful academy in the Kansas City area. Woodside Tennis Academy has produced over a hundred state qualifiers and more than 23 state champions for the past 17 years in Missouri, Kansas and Iowa.
Woodside Tennis Academy Highlights
• 2002-2003, voted “Tennis Facility of the Year” by Kansas City Magazine.
• 2002 & 2006, winner of the Heart of America "High Performance Coach of the Year" - Rod Zerni
• 2009 Heart of America winner "Facility of the Year"
• 2012 Missouri Valley Columbia Futures Singles Champion - Michaela Henne, Girls 16
• 2012 Missouri Valley Columbia Futures Doubles Champion - Zack Royle, Boys 18
- • 2011/2012 Woodside Tennis Academy players have won at Missouri Valley and Heart of America competition, over 20 tournament champions.
June 3 - 27, July 8 - Aug 1
Clinic Days: Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9am-Noon
Small Group: Mondays 9-10:30am, 10:30am-Noon, 1-2:30pm
Players' eligibility based on the most current Missouri Valley Standing List where they are currently top 150. This player wants to play college tennis and wants to work towards a college scholarship as well as participating in sanctioned USTA tournament events, Missouri Valley and Heart of America.
$650 per session or $200 weekly
Clinic Days: Mondays and Wednesdays 11:30am-1pm
Players eligibility is based upon a desire to play the Heart of America USTA sanctioned tournament events - Novice and/or High School Tennis. This player is playing KCJTL 12/U division and high school division.
$275 per session or $80 weekly
ACADEMY DEVELOPMENTAL - Orange Ball
Clinic Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays 12:30-1:30pm
Players who look to play competitively and need to work on technique, control, consistency as well as gain confidence in match play. These players are participating in the Junior Tennis League (JTL). 10/U division/orange ball division.
$200 per session or $60 weekly
ACADEMY DEVELOPMENTAL - Green Dot Ball
Clinic Days: Mondays & Thursdays 3:30-5pm
Players who look to play competitively and need to work on technique, control, consistency as well as gain confidence in match play. These players are participating in the Junior Tennis League (JTL) 12U division/green dot ball. Players will look to play USTA HOA 12U tournaments in the summer.
$275 per session or $80 weekly
About Rod Zerni, Woodside Tennis Academy Director
• 20 years coaching experience
• Achieved ATP, ITF, Australian Junior National and Missouri Valley Open rankings
• USPTA Certified, USA High Performance Coach
• Developed National, Missouri Valley, State High School, Grand Prix and Novice champions as well as National, Sectional and District ranked players
• Students have received scholarships or played at NCAA Division I, II & III, NAIA colleges.
• USTA Heart of America Competition Training Center Head Coach
• 2002 and 2006 Winner of “Contributor to USA Tennis High Performance Coaching Award”
• 2008 Heart of America Distinguished Service Award